LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Verification of birth certificate

One of my old friend(who is from Himachal pradesh) used his birth certificate to get his Passport. He used my name for local verification but police didn't do the same. Recently we got to know that he is involved in some illegal activities. We did complaint for the same in Police. They asked us for proof for genuineness of his Birth certificate. 4 months back ,on the recommendation of some RTI activist, I applied to Health Department in Himachal pradesh for the verification of his birth certificate thru RTI. In return , we got the reply stating that"Record not found for his Birth Certificate" which clearly states that his Certificate is FAKE. We did some investigations aslo for that same and got to knw that His father made this FAKE Birth certificate. He already involved in some illegal activities. Then we applied to First Appelate authority for the same Query. Again we got the same reply from them. But Police person is not satisfied with their reply. They said if Record not found , then Department should give in writing that "Birth certificate is FAKE". Only then they can take action. Now my other friend suggested me to apply to Higher Authorities like CIC for the same. Now we got confused what to do next. Plz advise us. Whom to Apply and What to Apply , so that we will get Proper reply from Govt Department and on the basis of that Police can take corrective & necessary actions.

Learning

3 Replies

Ramesh Chander (Advocate)     12 February 2015

I think you should not ask for verification of his birth certificate rather you should write in your application under RTI Act "Please intimate whether the birth certificate of .................... is issued from your office or not". They will not be able to respond this question ambiguously rather they will have to give clear cut reply.

(Guest)
thanks ramesh ji... also let me know where to apply this RTI...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 February 2015

You apply afresh with different form of query to the same authority as suggested by Mr. Ramesh Chander.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register