Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megha   05 August 2022

Vankarni land purchase

dear lawyer friends 

i have purchased two acres of land around Velhe taluka for which i have the pocession certificate, the full power of attorney from the owner and the zoning certificate which declares the land as Vanikaran and adjoining mutation certificates. 

i have a major query - since Vanikaran land is not agricultural land and it is forest land (where we are allowed to build 0.4 % according to FSI)  will i still require a farmers certificate for me to get my sales deed (kharidi patra) and 7x12 

what is the right way to go about next steps. 

kindly guide on urgent basis. 




 1 Replies

Swadha   12 August 2022

Hi. There is no restriction to buy or selling Vanikaran Zone lands. Generally, areas around big Dams and thick forest areas are declared as Vanikaran Zone because the Govt does not want big constructions to come up in the area to avoid water pollution and protect the environment. You can build a small farmhouse, Plant trees, and do agricultural activities including Goat farming, Poultry, Cattle sheds, etc.
This is applicable only to areas under Vanikaran Zones. If the saat baara extract shows Van written in the other rights of the saat baara, then you have to take prior permission from the Forest Department before buying or selling that particular land.

However, the collector may grant permission for transfer under the below-mentioned conditions: a) Such a person bona fide requires the land for a non-agricultural purposes or

b) The land is required for the benefit of an industrial or commercial undertaking or an educational or charitable institution or

c) Such land being mortgaged, the mortgage has obtained from a collector a certificate that he intends to take the profession of an agriculturist and agrees to cultivate the land personally or

d) The land is required by a co-op society or

e) The land is required for cultivating it personally by a person, who, not being an agriculturist, intends to take to the profession of agriculture and to whom collector has given certificate that such person intends to take to the profession of agriculture and is capable of cultivating land personally or

f) Such land is being sold in execution of the decree of a civil court

or recovering arrear of land revenue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query