Please help me to understand that what are all the ways someone can write a WILL to the blood relation for the legally self earned immovable assets?
Two years back ,My grand mother (Mother of my mother) wrote a WILL (With the help of a Gazetted Officer) on my elder sister's name IN THE WHITE PAPER for a self earned agri land.
Few info about the will,
- We are Hindus
- WILL has not been registered
- 2 # of witnesses signed
- Written date not specified on the will
- 2 month back,One of the witnesses (My grand father) has passed away
- Before get it on my sister's name, there were a registered will for the same asset on my relation name, which was cancelled in the sub-reg office (where it was initially registered) by my Grand mother.
- I understand that my grand ma can rewrite/cancel the current one with/with out our knowledge
- Confidently there is NO other latest WILL apart from the one on my sister's name
- Grand mother still alive and live with my sister
Now,the questions I have here are
Is this the WILL (written on white paper) legally valid on my sister's name?
Few of our well wisheres are saying that having unregistered WILL is not legally valid and it has no value. Is that true?
what are all the ways someone can write a will to the blood relation (for the legally self earned IMMOVABLE assets)?
Thanks in advance!