LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pattu Kutty (none)     17 April 2010

vacating a civil suit

my tenant has filed a O.S against me in civil suit. what is this? Though we have not been informed or intimated, we came to know about this case through some of our lawyer friends. Now, the hearing is due in the last week of this month. Meanwhile we went in for a compromise with the tenant's counsel, who has promised us that he will vacate the civil suit against us on the date or hearing, and will get our keys back in week's time. can we wait till that or how to proceed for our defense? The compromise is for the case of cheque bouce against our tenant. We promised to drop the criminal case against the tenant for the civil suit against us, which was raised with all false claims from the tenant.


 1 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     17 April 2010

As you have decided for a compromise, it is advisable that you enter appearance before the civil court through an advocate and inform the court by way of memo or otherwise that the matter is about to be settled by way of compromise.  Also formally file your objections/written statement in the case to protect your interests and let the settlement process go along with the case simultaneously.  Good luck. 

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register