FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravikumar (Freelancer)     20 February 2013

Using advocate profession name

Dear sir

Some private finances using advocate name like " i am advocate xxxxx, i have NB arrest warrant for you because you're not received the court notice which sent it to your old house address, if you want the case should be "amicible" then pay 30k or 40k  directly to that particular finance company".  BUT one of my cosin who are pratice as senior advocate in Chennai high court, if he called that particular person cell number and checked that he is totally fraud person and they're from recovery agencies. ( Because the person who called me over the cell he can't able to provide the bar counsil number and case details).

Also, My cosin told to me that "Non-Cognizable case means that civil case issue the court will never give arrest warrant to any person unless received the court notice more than three times after signed it.

After three years and five years passed which the last transcation wth that particular finance companies also  no any contact from them, it is possible collecting the outstanding ( balance dues) amount through lok adalat or civil cout?

Is there any law for taking action for telling like that " i am advocate"  the person who are not advocate and law procedures please advise to me.




 2 Replies

Santosh Sharda (self)     20 February 2013

The person is a fraud as you have guessed. Although practical reason requires one to remain away from such a person, as a social person, your concern is just. One can approach the Bar Council and if he is an advocate, his tactics are not reasonable and action will be taken against him. If he is not an advocate, a criminal complaint of impersonation and intimidation can be filed against him.

If indeed there is a case filed against you, it is possible that a magistrate/judge may issue a warrant for arrest for not appearing. However, you do not even have a case number. He is not giving you as there may not be a case. The warrant can only be set aside by your appearance before that judge. Your paying money to any person will not help. Even a genuine creditor cannot decide on it.

FINAL OUTCOME: Just forget about it. Cross the bridge when the time comes.

Ravikumar (Freelancer)     20 February 2013

Dear Mr. Santosh,

Thanks for your kind reply.  My cosin told to me that he will take needful action against that fraud persons.

Only i want to know how long the private finance companies will be able to collect their outstanding amount? two or three or five years or even eight or ten years?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query