LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rojer (Head IT)     27 July 2011

Urgent - To sign deed in CAW

After false dowry complaint by wife in CAW cell and a bettle of around 8 months, We are at a point of agreement in CAW cell to go for mutual divorce by paying one time alimony.
There was no FIR registered as of now. For settlement i have few queries:

1. What is the difference between agreement/deed signed in CAW cell and divorce petition in Court?
2. Will the content/terms of agreement be same for both of these?
3. How soon after paper work in CAW cell can we file for divorce?
4. How should i make the payment of amount decided for separation? I will be paying everything on my own with no help from parents might have to take some loan as well. So want to make sure i dont go wrong here.
5. I have 2 yrs old son who will be with my wife, how much of the settled amoount should go to him? ideally i would like max amount for his future as i know my in-laws will not leave a single penny if i pay them whole amount.
6. My lawyer told me that i will have to pay 50% now and 50% after 6 months when divorce is granted. Is it as per law or just a trend as i would ideally like to make payment through court only.
7. Can i make the payment by cheque as if the court will handover this to my wife only after six months, i can have some more money saved to avoid a loan.

Please help asap as i am getting calls from CAW cell to come and sign agreement.

Learning

4 Replies

Mentally Depressed (will tell you later)     28 July 2011

CAW only helps the women against crime .How can CAW award divorce but it can do some mediation which help you in getting divoce easily

Alimony is not covered under any fixed formula

Rojer (Head IT)     28 July 2011

I understand CAW cannot award divorce but they need to complete some paper work (agreement) i guess they call it panchayti faisla to close the case at their end.

Afterwards, we will file for divorce in the court.

Rojer (Head IT)     28 July 2011

Request members to guide for original queries please.....

Rojer (Head IT)     31 July 2011

I have prepared a draft for Divorce deed based on Inputs from respectables members of this site and few friends' suggestion. Please anyone can suggest if it looks fine or i need to add/modify something. Alimony payment part specially needs attention as the language may not be as required. Draft doc is attached.

Its urgent as i need to submit my draft of terms and conditions tomorrow so early help would help...

Thanks a lot in advance....

Attached File : 108068 199301 28 rojer divorce deed draft.doc downloaded: 168 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register