Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (def)     21 November 2009

Urgent - Tenant Issue

Hi,

I had rented a flat in punjab. The tenant has been delaying rent since first month. He had given me rent till month of September. I had taken rent via cheque for September. The rent was paid on 23rd though the due date was 7th. The builder was providing electricity in flats and suddenly his meter was withdrawn. My tenants had due for electricity bill which they have not paid till date and are refusing to do so. Also they stopped paying me rent asking me to get a new electricity supply immediately and then only they will pay rent.

I am uncomfortable to apply for a new meter as the meter is going to be on my name and already i am facing problem in getting rent. So providing meter on my name would mean that i would need to pay the electricity bill also. I have requested them many times to vacate my premises as it is clear they can not afford it.

What should be my line of action.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     21 November 2009

Issue a notice to your tenant through a locally engaged counsel to vacate your premises on the basis of all grounds you mentioned additionally your owne requirement. If he do not vacate it with clearance of all dues within the stipulated time then file a rent petition claiming all dues and vacation of premises. You shall win the battle,

(Guest)

yes, i agree with mr. raj kumar. East Urban restriction act Sec 13 provides remedy for this.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Deepak
" yes, i agree with Mr. raj Kumar. East Punjab Rent Restriction Act Sec 13 Provides remedy for that...  

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Deepak
"   "

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     04 January 2010

Section 13 of the East Punjab Rent Restriction Act provides grounds of eviction for eviction of tenants. You can file an eviction petition against your tenant on the grounds available to you against your tenant. However, issuance of notice is not a condition precedent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register