LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavitha (Tech Lead)     07 January 2014

Urgent help need on this issue..

I am from Karnataka and I need your advice on the agricultural land litigation. I would really appreciate your help on this matter.

I purchased agricultural land near Bangalore and I got RTC & Mutation in my name. We have all the documents (mother deeds/sale deeds/tax paid receipts etc.,) from the year 1960. Suddenly, one person sent lawyer notice, summons to me and other 3 people by stating the land belongs to his great grandfather. Also he is claiming that the land is in his possession and also he claims that we are trying to destroy his maize crops and occupying his land. Now I am worried what to do next? Could you please tell me if the grandson has a right over the land and also suggest me on the next steps?

Learning

3 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     08 January 2014

RTC & Mutation and you have all the documents like mother deeds/sale deeds/tax paid receipts etc.,these are your bona fides, So, you need worry about the so called grandson's threat and consult a good lawyer in this regard to fight back the false claim of the said person in a court of law,if forced to do so.

Thanking you,

M.R.SUBASH,Advocate.

1 Like

Gagandeep Goel (Advocate)     20 March 2014

Hello There

You being a bon-fide purchaser, have all the rights in your land and hence you can not be thrown out of the property just like that.

I would recommend you to file a caveat under section 148A CPC and let him go to the court to get the possession of the property and the court shall not pass and order without listening to you.

Hence dont worry.

Just remember the validity of the caveat is 90 days and hence you can re file it again and again.

Regards

Gagandeep Goel

Advocate

Punjab Haryana High Court

Chandigarh.

0987 220 6969

In case you find my legal opinion appreciable then pls appreciate the same by calling me.

1 Like

kavitha (Tech Lead)     27 March 2014

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I forgot to add few more points here are:

A) I have Mother Deed from 1966 (1st Sale Deed from A to B in the year 1966 and 2nd Sale Deed is from B to C in the year 1985) and in 2013 November I purchased from C. But I don't have previous sale deeds prior to 1966.

B) In the old revenue records it is mentioned that the agricultural land is Inam land from Mysore Maha Raja and granted to "X" in year 1820. We don't have any sale deeds to trace the original owner "X".

c) Now the person who put case on us is the great great grand son of "X" and he has 9 RTC in the name of his grandfather "Y"  till the year 2001 (who is the son of "X"). A revenue document which shows "X" is the original owner.

Now I am worried that I will lose the case. So can anyone please tell me whether this case will stand or not? and on the next steps?

I don't know whether my advocate filed  a caveat or not. Now the case is waiting to hear on IA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register