LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (divorce applicant)     23 September 2013

Urgent divorce transfer petition in supreme court

Wife filed transfer petition in supreme court to transfer the case to her place, she is working and i don't have issues if it get transferred to her native, so because of that i didn't contested the case in SC and even i din't appointed any lawer in SC, simply watching the status of my case in SC casestatus website.. but today i see one office report in that website stating that it was referred to SC mediation center and both both parties are requested to attend and also court has ordered to give DD of RS 25000/- to the petitioner with in two weeks of time. but as i'm not contesting thinking of it will be transfered but the case is prolonging and in that office it is also stated that on the day of mediations counsels are present and parties absent and the report was sent to honble court. question is why court has ordered to give a dd of rs 25k to petitioner my wife? 2.on the day of mediation both parties are absent so what are the consequences? 3.matter was sent back to Hon Court and Copy of the mediation report has been included in the paper books. Service of show cause notice is complete: wht does it mean by serive of Show casue notice is complete here in this statement? 4. please advise wht is the course of action in this situation?


 4 Replies

karthik (divorce applicant)     23 September 2013

Please any expert suggestion on my queries?

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     23 September 2013

Dear Querist, Since notice of TP in SC has been duly served on you, in the given facts in your query, you should enter represent in the said TP before the Hon'ble SC either in-person or through an AoR. Unless you do so, you will put yourself in risk of effect of any order that may be passed in the matter. Please revert should there be any further query.

karthik (divorce applicant)     23 September 2013

what affects do i face since for mediation both parties were absent and i don't have any objection in transferring the case to her place. just for my convenience i filed divorce petition in my native, but it is her wish to transfer the case but i didn't understand why SC has given an order to give a dd of rs 25000/- to the petitioner?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2013

The amount my be an ex-parte order due to your absence on the date of hearing over the petition for litigation expenses claimed by your wife. It is better appear through an Advocate on Record at Supreme court and finalise the issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query