Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     02 May 2015

Urgent,bot notice from family court 498 wife

Some background

some background

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=108278&offset=1#.VCrC41fVDDc

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=108278&offset=1#.VCrC41fVDDc

today I got notice from family court on my residentail address

1) It was normal post not registered post

plz suggest should I igore as there are some assumptions that I recived notice

2) what is way to return summons

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2015

What are the contents of the notice? is it concerned with any pending aplication?, without knowing the reason for summoning you, no idea can be formed about it.

(Guest)

You can return it if the residential address is not owned by you or not rented in your name.

If so, the actual owner of that address can return that notice to the post office along with a request to postmaster to return the same since the addressee is not residing inthe same address and don't know his present whereabouts. Also ask for the sealed receipt for the request which you can produce in court if required infuture.

sagar jadhav (employee)     04 May 2015

I stay there but there is no proof like rent agreement etc

(Guest)

Ok. If you are not staying alone, ask the other person to return the notice as mentioned above. 

If you are staying alone, bribe the postman to return the notice mentioning the addressee is not staying there.If you don't bribe the postman, he might return the notice mentioning the addressee refused to accept it.

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     05 May 2015

A bunch of discussion for nothing. If it is normal post, why are you worried. Have you acknowledged the receipt of the letter anywhere??? What is the content of the mail??? 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2015

In my opinion better accept the notice, appear before the court and see what is the fresh case or the petition against you because without knowing anything if you keep ignoring the isue, it may turn adversely on you after which you may have to run behind it to solve the fresh issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register