LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pentapalli Paresh Kumar   03 August 2021

University hostel fee charges

I was charged with 6lakh rupees as hostel, food and accomodation charges for a 2 year MBA program. But amid covid 19 pandemic, I did not get a chance to study on campus which lead me to study online.

I need to know the legal compliances in order to proceed against the hostel fee which has been charged by the University wrongly.

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   10 August 2021

In concern to what you're looking for, I would like to bring your attention towards a statement made by Mr. Arvind Nema who is the Associate Dean of Students Affairs. In one of his statements last year Mr. A. Nema stated that - "IIT Delhi has waived hostel and mess charges for undergraduate students who will be attending classes online during the autumn semester. “Students who are not on campus do not have to pay hostel fee and mess charges".

Thus, you are adviced to consult a local and prudent lawyer, such that you may file a PIL or civil suit against you're University on the basis of the above mentioned statements that was made by the Associate Dean of Students Affairs, IIT Delhi last year.

Moreover, you can state that if IIT DELHI didn't claimed for any Hostel or Mess fees from its students since most of the classes were going online how is you're University legitimate to make a claim for Hostel fee regardless of the fact that students didn't utilised any of the infrastructures provided in the Hostel campus for students convenience as most of the students stayed at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register