Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahi   16 August 2016

Transfer with change in designation/demotion with malafide

Dear Sir,

My case in before the labour court at initial stage and following is the history of the case-

1- myself is a sales promotion employee having 20 years association with a pharma mnc .Since my appointment I was working at one HQ only,means no transfer policy of the company.

2-Employer is mnc and Donot believe in any of the Indian labour welfare legislatures,means most of them are violated and operates with its own rules of British origin and any employee or group of employees oppose to it they are being targeted and victimised by the company managers.

3-Me was the one who was actively pursuing the workman welfare laws get implemented and when employer refused to do so,I knocked the door / lodged complaint before office of the labour commissioner.Labour commissioner in his investigation found employer guilty and recommends punitive action against the  company MD and forwarded the case to the Chief Judicial Megisterate to take action.

4-employer went to height court and took stay on proceedings which is 5 years now and case is still pending due to high court stay.Myself unable to pursue at high court  to break the stay because it is costly matters.Any how that case is pending before CJM due to high court stay.

5-Due to all this my employer developed bitterness in their mind towards me and began to harass me under the pretext of sales targets,impartiality in annual increments,favouritism to my junior colleagues just to harass me,stopped all my career orientation trainings and career enhancements.I was bearing all this because I was in need of job due to family responsibilities and loans on me.I was aware any voice raised by me will result loosing the job,which I never want.

6- there after employer managers build pressure on me to withdraw the case which I refused to do so.It further resulted into my harassment when management with a pre plan insulted me in a company meeting in front of all junior and senior employees .This incident of misbehave with me in open meeting ,lost my patience of bearing harassment so I raised the issue to VP-Human Resources to intervene .

7-HR deptt inspite of giving me relief and keeps totally silent despite reminders

8- The day I raised /escalated the issue to VP-HR and receiving no reply promptly  ,to be safer side I lodged another complaint before Labour commissioner of harassment and apprehension of victimisation including termination/wages stoppage or distant place transfer as a punitive action.

9--Next after 7-10 days company issued me a transfer order to distant place and dated mentioned on the transfer order is back date of 20 days where as posted to me is later.In the Transfer Order issued to me there is change in designation/demotion of my current post .

10--I Had already lodged the complaint before the labour commissioner so this transfer order too was challenged as punitive and malafide and constructive dismissal of mine.

11-Conciliations failed and case was referred to the labour court ,which is in initial stage.

12--My concern is I have refused to join at transferred place ,as. Transfer order is malice and  continue to work at present Hq ,But employer is stating it illegal and stopped my salary and allowances.

My Concern are-----

1- How can employer change my designation /demotion in the transfer order without giving notice to me ,is it enough to prove that transfer order is malice and punitive in nature  by demoting me under the guise of transfer order.

2---- I have written numerous communications to the employer to explain under which laws or circumstances you have changed my designation ,but employer is not replying to any of my representations.

3-----how can I seek interim relief from the court regarding my salary and allowances to survive me and my family.

4-----Also to note that more than one year passed since this dispute was raised and till date I have not joined at transferred place,in fact in am showing my working and attendances at my old HQ and company is even sending me monthly instructions of work and providing the inputs of medicine samples every month .

5-----company is staying my old Hq work illegal and I am stating to them I will wait for the court verdict because your transfer order is punitive and malice and it amounts to unfair labour practices.But employer has refused to pay my salary .

kindly guide me how should I proceed ?

Learning

15 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 August 2016

Transfer seems to be malafide.

Is right to transfer stated in appointment letter?

Does company hasve its certified standing orders?

Is right to transfer stated in certified standing orders?

Is your union ( state leval and parent national level) not supporting you? If;NO,why?

Are a you a member of union?

Mahi   17 August 2016

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response,answering your concerns

1- employer has no certified standing orders ,where as employer has more than 1000 sales promotion employees across India.

2-- My appointment letter is not as per Sales  Promotion  Employees Act1976 ,form-V ,same complaint was given to labour commissioner and labour commissioner has termed that employment letter breach of act and punitive action recommended against the company directors.Yes in the appointment it is mentioned that job is transferable.

3--yes , I am member of the union and Union is supporting me all the way and case is also  lodged by the union itself not individually by me.

4--You please update me changing designation that too to junior post in transfer order itself is not malice.?

5--workman grievances are kept aside no hearing ,workman not allowed to present his complain in the grievances cell and rather subjected workman to retaliatory action is not unfair labour practices 

6---two legal cases  proceedings are pendings before the court,can employer punish me this way by transferring to distant place,is it not malice.

7---please guide me which evidences I focus more and what should be my contents which should be presented before the court.

8--how can I have interim relief of my survival of my livelihood,because employer is not paying salary since March2015

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 August 2016

You have posted that:

"that too to junior post in transfer order.................................,workman not allowed to present his complain in the grievances cell...................two legal cases  proceedings are pendings before the court,can employer punish me this way by transferring to distant place,"

If demoted then it should been after opportunity of natural justice and by a speaking order.

NO permission is required.You can submit greivance by email/Redg. Post with a copy to union.

During proceedings it may amount to change in service conditions.

Apparently transer is malafide.

Consult a very able counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters with all docs on record.

Mahi   17 August 2016

Thanks a lot again Mr. Kumar ,

My concern which I need help is salary release,means my wages are stopped since March 2015 and things have become very difficiult for me to survive.I am facing financial crisis as I am married and there my son and parents depends upon me for livelihood.

In fact my son schooling has already affected and iam already 40 years plus now ,getting new job is challenge for me.

So kindly show me the procedure to get interim relief from the court for my livelihood,under which section , what should be the content of application and which facts should be brought before the labour court yo get interim relief.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 August 2016

Your own counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters that has examined all docs on record , can advise you the best.

Your counsel might have opined to get stay on transfer. ( You have already posted that; Myself unable to pursue at high court  to break the stay because it is costly matters.)

You haev also posted that:

"Labour commissioner in his investigation found employer guilty and recommends punitive action against the  company MD and forwarded the case to the Chief Judicial Megisterate to take action.

4-employer went to height court and took stay on proceedings which is 5 years now and case is still pending due to high court stay.Myself unable to pursue at high court  to break the stay because it is costly matters"

You need to get the stay vacated.

You have been transferred and you have not joined at HQ, hence no salary.

It is reiterated that; "Your own counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters that has examined all docs on record , can advise you the best."

Mahi   18 August 2016

Ok, Mr. kumar,

I am staying in a small city and finding a expert  lawyer  here is a challenge. So can I submitt the documents to you to have look and guide me.

regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2016

Which town it is?

If your town or nearby town has a Labor Court CGM court then it is not a small town.

Ask around and you will get to know all counsels that specialize in Labor/service matters.

You can ask at Labor Court/CGIT/Civil Courts/CAT/SAT/HC etc, Local Bar office bearers, your own union, family lawyer can guide you.

Mahi   19 August 2016

Good Day Mr.Kumar'

thanks a lot for all your posts and useful information.

please update me and. Guide me which documents of evidences are required to get interim relief of salary release to sustain my livelihood.i know my employer will resist it stating I have not joined at transferred place so hence no salary.But court has to listen my plee  of transfer order is constructive dismissal with demotion and punishment in nature. workman grievances are not heard at all and  by not resolving the workman griences and rather subjecting him to a retaliatory action is prima facile malice . Also highlight me does transfer order too comes under change in service condition during the pendency of legal proceeding.

so just guide me and brief me which facts should I bring before the court to get livelihood relief.

regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 August 2016

Examination of all docs and inputs is requirement that you should understand.

Your own counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters that has examined all docs on record , can advise you the best and the defects that you can cultivate.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 August 2016

Some employees have contested their matter as PIP (Part in Person) and they may agree share their experiences with you.

You can approach them e.g;

Mr. Sri Gopal Soni @ revribhav

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Abuse-of-chief-vigilance-officer-80167.asp

You may also try to speak to LCI Expert Mr. Mallipedi Jaggarao, Mr. P.Venu

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/non-grant-of-full-wages-against-suspension-period-even-after-quashing-of-the-proceedings-603106.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Transfer-of-case-from-one-high-to-another-492621.asp

You may seek counsel of LCI Senior Expert Shri P.S.Dhingra

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Transmission-of-shares-based-on-a-will--608246.asp

Mahi   04 September 2016

Dear Mr.Kumar,

I am planning to lodge another case against the employer for changing the service conditions during the pendency of the proceedings under section 33.

For all this I have already prepared the documents and need your guidance for the following points from legal point of view----

1- My transfer order  with designation change was  delivered to me by courier on 12-01-2015 ,where as  on transfer order letter date mentioned is 23-12-2014 (it is deliberately mentioned Back date by the employer ) and on 30-12-2014 I had already raised the Industrial dispute application before the labour commissioner.Further  there is already pending dispute at Chief judicial Megisterate ,against the Company MD for violating the SPE Act 1976 and this pending dispute is referred by the Labour commissioner  to the CJM to take punitive action against the company MD for violating SPE act 1976.I am the one of the complainant in that application complaining to the labour commissioner against the company for violating the SPE Act 1976 ,and on basis of that complaint lodged by us including me the labour commissioner has recommended punitive action against the MD and in response to this company has taken the stay from the high court .Means the proceedings are pendings both at CJM and High court.Will this case will also be considered as pending proceeding ( as I am the original complainant and has demands from the employer to implement the SPE Act 1976,which is still not implemented by the employer) for the purpose of changing the service conditions under Section -33 of the ID act.

Should I mentioned In my application of pending proceedings of all the three cases or of only new complaint submitted on 30-12-2014 before Labour commissioner .

2------where should I submit my application before Labour commissioner or Labour court as at present my case proceedings are before the Labour court.Where as when my service conditions of transfer order with demotion was subjected to me at that time proceedings were before the Labour commissioner.

3-------

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2016

Your query has been discussed in detail at another thread also:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=125598&offset=1

As already suggested you may prefer to consult a very able counsel specializing in Labor/service matters with all dcos on record for a considered opinion.

Mahi   05 September 2016

Mr.kumar not able to understand ,plz clarify where it is discussed and how I can access the same ,I am not able to open the website you have mentioned.Or you can say I am not expert in computers.plz help 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 September 2016

Checked.All web links/threads mentioned do open, properly. 

Your Local computer guy can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register