LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sr (developer)     17 August 2013

Transfer of land

Dear sirs,

If there is a civil suit going in district court - can any person transfer his part of land to his sons ? If yes is there any process for that. Sons have no land in their names.



 6 Replies

NGOKC (pm)     17 August 2013

if case is regarding propert in question then no


Otherwise there is nothing wrong in transferring title of property

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     17 August 2013

Yes, you may transfer your share of the land to your sons .. however if you lose the case, then the transfer becomes a void transaction. 

1 Like

sr (developer)     19 August 2013

Thanks sir,

Is that require the permission from court ? What will be the process for that.?

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     20 August 2013

No , it is not required. You may execute a gift/settlement deed in favour of your sons by paying the appropriate stamp duty charges applicable in your state.  Kindly note- this transfer is not revocable by you at a later stage.

sr (developer)     21 August 2013

Thanks sir.

Thanks for your valuable advice. We will proceed like that. We have a 30 acres land. The repartition suit is in district court from last 2 and half years. So how much land we can transfer to sons. And is there any restriction to which land should be transfered. Can i transfer all my shre to them.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 August 2013

you are legally permitted to transfer your share of the property to your sons. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query