LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narendra Sharma (Consultant)     21 October 2015

To set aside a recovery cert. against dead surety

How to set aside a Recovery Certificate issued ex-parte by DRT against a dead surety (dead before trial), now being under execution against unaware legal heirs of the daed surety. Kindly cite relavant provisions.


 1 Replies

Narendra Sharma (Consultant)     03 November 2015

On research, I have found that as per several SC judgments (under Order 22 CPC), the passing of a decree against a dead person is a nullity, hence the decree or the Recovery Cert. shall be set aside by the Appellate Authority on appeal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query