LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Anand (advocate)     03 April 2014

To know the legal position of liability of the exporter

If someone foreign exporter exported some goods for India. While importer checking the goods found that it was not matching with the goods ordered. What are the remedied available to the Indian importer against the foreign exporter. Which are the law applicable to prosecute against the foreign exporter.

Pls advise me.

Learning

2 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     05 April 2014

dear sir,

there are so many legal remedies available. you can ask for refund along with its interest, and so on.

main problem is in your case, jurisdiction of court. in your contract, there should be a jurisdiction clause for future litigation. so you have to follow that clause according to contract. in absence of any such clause, place of suing will be the place where parties entered into the contract.

you may call me for further discussion.

1 Like

Law Aspire (Legal)     17 October 2017

Originally posted by : Sourav das

dear sir,

there are so many legal remedies available. you can ask for refund along with its interest, and so on.

main problem is in your case, jurisdiction of court. in your contract, there should be a jurisdiction clause for future litigation. so you have to follow that clause according to contract. in absence of any such clause, place of suing will be the place where parties entered into the contract.

you may call me for further discussion.

Absolutely Correct

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register