LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MahendraKumar.H.Trivedi (Valuer)     13 September 2018

Time limit for corurts

Query is repeated as the time passes. There is nexus at the place of my suit away from my place. I am not repeating the details of a suit of shoddy dealings by my late poa cum co-defendant and others, I can not absolve my self also but petitioner chose to be intransigent and took legal course rather than mutual settlement and has number of loopholes in the petition but inadvertently may be I was part of breach of status quo as late as in2008, suit instituted in 2006 and trial began in 2013, after giving witness statement and cross examination plaintiff filed breach of injunction application and complaint amendment in 2015. I was not even aware of ongoing suit. I am defendant no 1. No 2 poa died. I got panicked when hearing on plaintiffs contempt application began in 2018. My ex lawyer hired by my poa ditched me and spread rumours that I will be jailed for 5 yrs and compromise amount would be 25L He also stymied my efforts to hire another lawyer. I contacted plaintiff for out of court settlement and he asked 1cr. as price of property has shot up. Another reputed lawyer after lot of begging agreed to defend me but did not discuss technicalities as perhaps he sensed that I am looking for out of Court settlement, he told me we shall try for compromise if plaintiffs is reasonable otherwise shall fight. I have all the reason to believe that suit is not tenable on many counts. Two necessary parties to suit who signed the contract no more. Trial began in 2013, in Dec 2015 surviving plaintiff( one of the two partners of the petitioner's firm of two, one dead, no. LR named ) filed contempt application, no reply filed by my ex lawyer, no summons, notice on me, hearing on plaintiffs application started in Jan 2018,. 11 hearings have gone since, In suit Petitioners lied on oath that they have the possession but lie automatically got exposed as after 8 yrs surviving partner has complained that property is sold despite injunctions and now asking for possession. I am 65. I am thinking of personally appearing at a hearing and talk to judge but I am in awe of my new reputed lawyer, he has not harmed my interest but I feel not doing enough to end the suit. All interested in keeping the milking cow alive perhaps Can Court sit on contempt application filed in 2015 for so long.? Reply if you believe me. No academic query, dare not ask lawyer. Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     13 September 2018

Like to answer your query but running short of time if possible for you may share material facts at   Djaa.lehal@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register