LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy (engineer)     30 August 2013



My wife left me one month ago and after one week my father got a call saying that he is calling from police station and telling your DIL given a complaint that you and your son harassing for dowery. After two days my father went to the police station to know the things and we came to know that they threatened us by doing a fake call. One who called is not a police officer. Please advice me how to use this to avoid further false cases like DV and 498a.

Thank You,


 6 Replies

A Blank Diary of Life (MD)     30 August 2013

@Sandy, you may hand over the said number to the Police Station and tell them somebody has called from this police station and threatening me in XYZ manner. if they said, it was not a call from them, then, in turn, you tell them to call on this number and call them to Police Station right away and ask why they did like this in front of police only.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     30 August 2013

before they file any complaint file a complaint in the police station about your wife left the house with date and also mention about the false call

because in future if any cases are filed you can show this as evidence that she left without proper communication 

1 Like

A Blank Diary of Life (MD)     30 August 2013

@k.mahesh, Sirji, if suppose, sandy does so, and his wife come to police station for lodging FIR against him and his parents for harrassment for dowry and bla bla bla...reason, that time:

a) Can Police considere the complaint or Information on Threatening lodged/given by Sandy before lodging her complaint?

b) Even though, If suppose, police register the complaint / FIR of his wife, can that FIR/complaint be quashed in High Court?


Please suggest.

1 Like

sandy (engineer)     30 August 2013

Thanks for the Reply @A Balnk Diary of Life and @ Mahesh.  My wife stays in other town and my parent stays in other town and i work in other city. My father went to their town and gave the number to the police and they called that number and he replying like he lost his phone recently and he didnt do the call. Shall i give a compliant in my parents staying town? What type of complaint i can give? Will it be useful for any future cases like DV and 498a.


Thank You,

A Blank Diary of Life (MD)     30 August 2013

@Sandy, wait.


Awaiting for an informative & usefull answer from k.mahesh sir. It is very much useful.


@k.mahesh....sir, please guide and help

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     30 August 2013

i told for future evidence 

this complaint can be used as future evidence how wife parents are harassing by calling you and your parents and using vulgar lanugage to harass you and for this police is the proof even they will give there statement if they needed in court 

this compliant will be useful if any untoward act done by wife parents side as he said that his parents live in another city and if wife parents contact them and use any vulgar langauge 

you have to give in your home town were your jurisdiction is there as your wife parents will complain in that station itself 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register