Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Valliiammai (staff)     04 March 2013

Testimonials in will

Dear Sir,

My grandfather wrote an unregistered will in 1998 with 2 testimonies(person A and B) and died in the same year.The will clearly states that my grandfathers property is to be shared between his 2 sons and not between his 2 daughters(who have objected to the probate by falsely quoting that will is forged).

The testimonials are very old now. Considering that the case may be delayed and health issues of testimonies(persons A and B), can something be done to record the statements/ testimonials from the persons A and B ? (like video footage/written doc etc) so that even in case of their death , there is some evidence to proove the will ?

Please suggest what measure can be done to safeguard the evidence.

Regards,

Valliammai

Learning

2 Replies

Rajendra Shrivastava (advocate)     04 March 2013

a another will of  a and b can be prepered to give share of property to anybody. also video footage can be prepared .it will be documentary evidence thereof.

Valliiammai (staff)     04 March 2013

Thank you Sir.But how can another will be prepared ? My grandfather wrote the will and expired in 1998. The will's witness is person A and B, who are very old .In case they die (God forbid but in worst case), how to prove that the will is valid ? Will a written document help ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register