Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup   08 August 2015

Tenant who is running a pg refusing to vacate

Hi,

I have a 3 BHK apartment in Bangalore, which is rented out to a tenant with clear clause in the rental agreement to ' Not to be used for sub-letting or commercial purposesand the property shall only be used for residential purpose'. Last tenancy agreement got expired in Jan 2013, since i realised he is running a PG, i have asked him to vacate the premise. however, he refused to vacate till date. I had filed a suit in City Civil court to get an eviction order. However, for all the reasons you know, the suit is still ON. Defandant is using all loop holes in the civil laws to drag the matter in the suit. Now the suit is at the stage 'Cross-examination of Plaintiff witness' after 2+ years of run.

Could you please let me know on the following:

1. Is there any License required from authorities to run a PG in a apartment?

2. Can i aproach police to forcefully evacuate the PG inmates out of the property?

3. How do i proove in Court that he is running a PG?

4. Can Resindential Association help here ?

Please let me know, i am trying to get rid of the issue in a perfectly legal way last 2 + years.

REgards,

Anup

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2015

Yes, they have to get permission and licenses from various authorities including health department to run  a PG

2. Can i aproach police to forcefully evacuate the PG inmates out of the property?

If he is running the PG unauthorisedly without proper permission or licence, you my make a complaint with the Municipal authorities and not police. 

3. How do i proove in Court that he is running a PG?

What is the  basis that you allege the tenant to run  PG?

4. Can Resindential Association help here ?

What have you been doing so long, you should have taken all the steps even before approaching court with an eviction suit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2015

Yes, they have to get permission and licenses from various authorities including health department to run  a PG

2. Can i approach police to forcefully evacuate the PG inmates out of the property?

If he is running the PG unauthorisedly without proper permission or licence, you my make a complaint with the Municipal authorities and not police. 

3. How do i prove in Court that he is running a PG?

What is the  basis that you allege the tenant to run  PG?

4. Can Residential Association help here ?

What have you been doing so long, you should have taken all the steps even before approaching court with an eviction suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register