LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunny (hardware)     28 April 2011

Tenant not Vacating


   I have let out my shop for rent  in chennai,for very less rent  Rs2,200/.The tenat is paying regularly.As the corporation tax and water sweage tax increased 3 times Rs 5,500, told verbally that I am increasing the rent ,If your happy with new rent fine else as per the aggrement you can vacate the permisses.we have not collected the rent for 3months.

He has sent a notice stating owners are requesting for exrbriant amount and sent a M.O the rent.

As soon he has the notice we have sent a notice for vacting the permisses,  1st may as per 3month notice in agrement.He has not responding nor informing us anything.

Kindly let me know how to go about further.


Thank you



 4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     28 April 2011

you can file a suit for vacating the shop for default payment or own occupation.

1 Like

sunny (hardware)     30 April 2011

Dear M.Sheik Mohammed Ali,

                 I have seen your responses in many different issues for different people. I foudn an article how it is favouring the tenat.As mentioned below,Please let me know how to over come all this issue over the tenant, My tenancy is below 4 years.

When we are filing the case on the Tenant. Awaiting for your suggestion..

            Your response will solve many  owners facing the issue with the tenants.


How the law is in favor of tenants.

1) When no lease agreement or initial eleven month agreement is expired , you are tenant for more than a year. Under TP act registration of lease agreement is medatory in absence of which what the tenant say will be believed.

2) But when from day one. If you fail to reply notice mentioning your terms or at next stage you fail to plead in your written statement than thereafter no body listen.

2) So what you have to do , claim you are an annual tenant in reply and in your pleadings.

3) File a standard rent application the moment your landlord start murmering for more rent or eviction .Court will fix intrim rent and your life will be in peace thereafter.


Please help me in solving the issue....


With Regards




1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 April 2011

Tenants need not bother , contest in the court you will win.

sunny (hardware)     01 May 2011


Tenants need not bother  : Can you explaing more clear on this ......


With Regards



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register