Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandeesh (engineer)     22 July 2010

tenant mentainance tax

I have a flat in PUNE.

following  is decided by the committe. is this correct ? if so can you please point to the appropraite document.

"If flat is given on rent for more than 6 months in fiscal year (July -2010 to June-2011),

maintenance 150% & if flat given on rent for less than 6 months, maintenance 125% will be

charged."

Learning

3 Replies

nandeesh (engineer)     22 July 2010

my question is WHY ? is this legal

why should i burden the tanent

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     23 July 2010

There arises no question of illegality in the decision of the commettee.  but why the commettee want more from a tenant where as the commettee does not collect the increased amount from the owner.  whether it is morally correct is the question.. Why such a decision is passed in the commitee. you raise the issue in the committee and get it reversed for that you canvas other flat owners and let a commitee discuss the issue or call a special committee on this issue.  There is no illegality in taking such a decision by a competent committee. you may check whether the decision taken was proper and whether the commettee constituted was for that issue, and wheter there was enough courm present.  and whether such a decsion requires amendment of constitut9ion.  if amendment of constitution is required to take such a decision the proper procedure is complied with while taking such a decision.

nandeesh (engineer)     23 July 2010

thanks for the info.

actually they were saying this is the Maharastra Govt Rule. i was not sure about this. so wanted to confirm every facts before raising my conerns.

thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register