Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anil (engineer)     12 January 2013

Tenant creating trouble

Dear sir,

I need urgent advice for problem of one of my friend as follows:

Few months back my friend rented one portion of his house without any written agreement to Mr. X. Whereas another partner of Mr.X ( let say Mr. Y) came and occupied the rented house. Mr. Y  never paid any rent from the even first month neither he vacated room. When my friend went to police for complaint it was not accepted by inspector. Later I found that Mr. Y has registered complain in police against him (landlord) for misbehaving.

Mr. Y has influenced Police with his contacts in their dept.

Later Mr. Y locked the room & never returned. When police was asked to inform him to vacate the room they never helped.

After 1 month when he never approached to landlord (My friend), room was opened & his belongings were shifted to another room of house. In return Mr. Y filed another case of theft against landlord.

Tragedy is that police is continue supporting Mr. Y & arrested my friend. Though he got bail but another case is registered against him.

Sir, In this case when police is behaving like this & supporting Mr. Y what can be done legally ?

Police is taking his complaints but not accepting our complaints against Mr. Y.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

Raja (XYZ)     12 January 2013

how long the tenant is in possession of the premises, is the first question here !

police cases can be fabricated with so many sections, which even may result to arrest, but certainly not a long remedy ! contact with an advocate for a solution, as because, before commecting on the case, we need to understand as to what are the sections applied in that particular case, that is the FIR/GD, whether charge sheet is filed, etc., therefore contacting an advocate is better in my opinion.

over all, this is a case, not tenable.....so don't worry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register