LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Tell definition of the word-immediate- in section 14 D/ DRC

What is the definition of the word "immediate" in section 14D of Delhi Rent control Act? I am pasting here this particular section of this act---- "Right to recover immediate possession of premises to accrue to a widow. - (1) Where the landlord is a widow and the premises let out by her, or by her husband, are required by her for her own residence, she may apply to the Controller for recovering the immediate possession of such premises. (2) Where the landlord referred to in sub-section (1) has let out more than one premises, it shall be open to her to make an application under that sub-section in respect of any one of the premises chosen by her." In day to day life by "immediate" we mean " accomplishing a job/work without loss or interval of time."But this simple definition is not perhaps accepted by Indian judiciary--by immediate they perhaps mean 6 months or 8 months.Can you tell me whether I am right?If yes,how they decided this time frame as "immediate"? Or If I am wrong ,do they deliver justice in the trials under this section immediately,I mean within days? Can we ask this question to Indian Govt. through Right to information act--RTI,if yes,how?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     23 June 2010

you just need to file rti to high court, regarding lower court procedures.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/High-Court-ask-the-litigant-to-file-RTI-20468.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register