LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J.D.Pai-Mum (Manager)     06 December 2009

Succession Certificate

My father who was living at Mumbai earlier but had shifted to  Kerala about 2 years back expired at Kerala.  He is having  immovable property in Kerala and bank deposits both in Kerala and Mumbai.  I am permanently residing at Mumbai.  Where am I required to apply for Succession Certificate - Kerala or Mumbai?  Also how long will it take to obtain it??

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 December 2009

You can file for Succession Certificate in Kerala. 

1 Like

(Guest)

As you are saying you are a permanent resident of Mumbai and having immovable properties and bank balance of your decesed father at Kerala and Mumbai. You can get succession certificate in Mumbai.

1 Like

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     07 December 2009

Death certificate has to obtained from Kerala. Prior to death he was residing in kerala. It is advisable to apply for succession certifiacate at Kerala.

1 Like

S.B.Sharma (President)     07 December 2009

YES......Death certificate has to obtained from Kerala. Prior to death he was residing in kerala. It is advisable to apply for succession certifiacate at Kerala only.It doesn't matter that you are residing in Mumbai permanently.

1 Like

sachin katariya (advocate)     16 December 2009

You can apply to any court either at Mumbai or at Kerala if you are permanant residence of Mumbai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register