Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil chaudhary (Software Eng.)     29 April 2010

Success Tip Appreciate Appreciate Appreciate

Success Tip: Appreciate, Appreciate, Appreciate

Yeah, I know Thanksgiving (here in the US) was more than a week ago but I was busy with my family and missed the opportunity to speak to one of my favorite topics - appreciation.  Appreciation is a powerful force which stimulates creativity, generates positive energy, and infuses the environment with possibilities.

The three A's are:

• Appreciate Yourself
  • Appreciate What Is
  • Appreciate Others

Try this exercise for 21 days in a row and tell me what is different on the 22nd day.  I can make some guarantees but would prefer to let you explore your own path if you so choose.

1)  Each morning, sit down and write down everything you can think of to appreciate about YOURSELF.  Who are you?  What talents do you possess?  What are your strengths?  What have you accomplished?  Embellish.  Explore your brilliance.  Shine a light on every positive thought you have about yourself.  Write it down.
2)  Each morning, when you are done writing down what you appreciate about yourself, write down what you appreciate about what "is."  What's true for you right now and what do you appreciate about it?  Right now, I want to buy a new house and every morning I appreciate the fact that I have a warm, safe, beautiful place to live.  You can have goals and want what you want AND appreciate what you do have.

Sorry, but I can't help tell one of my little kid stories here because it is so pertinent. Not too long ago, my first grader woke up with the stomach flu.  He had been looking forward to this day for two weeks because his soccer team was going to play the other team from his school.  A rivalry had been brewing.  My son loves soccer.  So, he wakes up with a fever, goes into the bathroom with "the fro ups," walks out, pumps his fist in the air and says, "yes!"  Yes?  Yes, what?  You have the flu.  "Yep, so now I get to drink Sprite today!"  That my friends is truly appreciating what is in the moment!

3)  Each day, look for what you can truly, honestly appreciate about anyone and everyone in your environment and TELL THEM.  If you're feeling a little out of practice, just try this, "I really appreciate you."  Send an email, send a card, make a phone call, or just say it but let em know.  Your goal?  A minimum of one act of appreciation for every hour you are awake on the first day and build from there.

Expect magic!  And when you see it, please let me know.  And if you appreciate the thoughts that I share here, you can also let me know.  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Learning

2 Replies

Daksh (Student)     30 April 2010

Dear Anil,

Kudos for such wonderful and fantabulous post.

Keep up the good work going.

God bless

Best Regards

Daksh

Anil chaudhary (Software Eng.)     04 May 2010

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register