Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     12 August 2010

Strange aspects of the public notice published by DoLR, MoRD

Strange aspects of the public notice published by DoLR, MoRD:

1. I published in the internet(and emailed to about 25 addressees incl. the Hon.President of India, Law Minister of India, Law Commission and CJ of India) the part 1 of my presentation titled “The Flaw in the Law” on April 19, 2010, wherein I had argued that the LA Act, 1894 is flawed in respect of not stipulating the LAO to communicate the information about LA notification u/s 4(1) to the Registrar of Deeds.
  2. In part 2 of the presentation(published on April 23, 2010), I had quoted the LA law of NewZealand, and argued that  if alienation through registered sale deed after 4(1) notification is to be prevented in India, it can be done only by amending LA Act, 1894 to the effect of stipulating the compulsory registrability of the notification u/s 4(1) of  LA Act,1894.
  3. On May 23rd 2010, in part 6 , I have argued that the LA Act 1894 is unconstitutional in respect of the flaw referred to.
  4. On 6th of July,2010, I noticed the undated public notice posted on the web-site of the DoLR, MoRD, that invited public comments and opinions on the proposed Land Titling Bill 2010(which carries the amendment I had argued for) up till 10th of July.
  5. Same day I emailed the DoLR regarding my presentation and their undated notice.
  6. On 10th  of July, 2010. NHRC wrote to me that  the President is expected to take

Appropriate action regarding my compliant.

1. On 9th of July, DoLR modified in its notice the  last date for public comments on

the propsed Bill to August 31, 2010.

1. On 15th of July, 2010  adds the following : “updated on 9th July 2010”
  2. On the 10th August 2010, the notice is not to be seen anywhere in the DoLR website( the notice is supposed to remain till the expiry of the notice on 31st August 2010)
  3. A search in google(made on 11th August, 2010) says that  an editorial article has appeared on the Indian Express online version on 27th May, 2010 about the proposed Land Titling Bill 2010.
  4. I am recording these dates with the idea that if they are needed in future, in case, this posting will come in handy.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register