Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Sharma (Manager)     20 July 2011

Status of Yamuna Expressway Authority Plots

Dear Lawyers and other experts, 

I own a plot of 300 sq. meter in pocket 3B of Yamuna Expressway. With judgment after judgment going in favour of farmers during current cases pending in Alahabad High Court regarding unlawful aquisition of the Land by UP Govt. in NOIDA Ext. and Greater NOIDA, I was just wondering what is the status of land aquired by YEA for the residential plots it has sold in the market as well as for F1 racing track and other such fancy projects in the area? Are their any applications pending in the courts for this land acquirement too? if yes than what is the status? And if no then how come farmers in the case of YEA haven't yet aproached the courts? After all as they say in Hindi "baheti Ganga Mein Haath Kaun Nahin Dhona Chahega". 

Can some one throw some light on this issue. 

Anant Jain

a_raj1@yahoo.com

Learning

1 Replies

gautam mullick (doctor)     27 July 2011

thats a good query . What i feel is that the yamuna ex way has gautam budh university on the left  and NIIT on the right to start with , and  these are not  being used for  residential  puproses .Secondly the land on the right ahead of NIIT is sanctioned as SEZ which has been approved by the cabinet 2 years back and have taken clearances from the concerned departments already . These come under develpomental projects for the indian economy  .Allright few companies are also building some studio homes , but again thats sanctioned as a part of the SEZ project itself .  It s unlike the situation   in Noida extn  where buliders have acquired land under urgency clause and  used it to make flats for sale rather than for industrial and economical  growth , which is a pre-requisite for urgent land acquisition . last  but  not  least  , what about the yamuna exp itself which is gonna open till agra in 4 months   time .If a similar sitaution arises in that area , they will have to excavate the highway itself !!! . So  as a layman as far as i am concerened the land acquitision policy prob in the yamuna express way belt  at least till the formula one area  is literally out of question .I also have heard that some farmers along the yamuna exp way  had approached the court earlier  and they were told to shut up due to their non sense demands. And those people i think have already been compensated  enough , and also there is a time bar wherein you can put up a case . the land acquistion here was done long time back       I may be wrong , but this is my personal opinion  . Thanku for your query. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register