LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggling Landlord (Proprietor)     08 June 2011

Standard Rent

Meaning of Standard Rent under Maharashtra Rent Control Act 1999. I need detail explaination.

I have building having 8 commercial blocks of (400 sq ft each) constructed in 1964 since then I have rented some blocks in 1964 and some in 1966 and some in 1971 to various tenants.(@Rs 1 to Rs 1.75 per sq ft)  In 1986 I have filed case against 2 tenants for Fair Rent demanding @Rs 4 / sq ft (under CP and Berar Rent Control Order it was in force in our region till MhRc Act ie 1999), It was decided in 1998 and I got order of Rs4/ sq ft from date of filling (there after these 2 tenants compromised @Rs 5 / sq ft from 1998 with incre of 20% after every 3 yrs) In the year 1998  I have filed Fair Rent  case against 3 other old tenants (under same CP Order) demanding  Rs 20/ sq ft. The case was decided as per CP Rent Order in 2006 and I got order of Rs 10/ sq ft from date of filling ie 1998.(Again the3 tenants compromised @Rs 12 / sq ft with 25% after every 3 years)  Now my question is what is standard Rent for my premises or to each block?

Can I file / demand standard rent @Rs 10 per sq ft (since it was decided by CP Order and the latests MhRC Defination of Standard Rent says so) against remaining 3 tenant as well as who are paying @4 / sq ft .

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register