Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh   09 April 2018

Stamp paper

Respected Members,

Is there any way to check the Authenticity of the Stamp Paper sold by the Vendor.

Can I file the RTI to check the Genuiness of the Stamp paper i.e. whether it's entry is in the Register or not. 

or any other way through which i can check the Records of that particular stamp paper. 

If the RTi can be filed ... To which dept should I file the RTI in case of UP stamp Paper. 

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 April 2018

Doesn’t IT have the vendor’s name, signature, license number details..

Your own lawyer should have guided you e.g; check the seal, water mark, perforation, security code parallel to the stamp paper, Ashoka Pillar, four-headed lion emblem with words ; Non- Judicial in English, Satyameva Jayathe in Hind…..and you may also try to inquire from treasury..Distt registrar, Tehsildar, Inspector General of Registration and Commissioner of Stamps as the case may be at your location…

The vendor must have submitted his/her record to the designated authority..and designated authority is to be approached..

If you are a CA or with such establishment then they can also guide you..

Ideally your lawyer should handle IT.

GO thru;

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/sunday-times/deep-focus/Everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-Stamp-Papers-/articleshow/285522.cms

https://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getFiles.asp?Style=OliveXLib:LowLevelEntityToPrint_MIRRORNEW&Type=text/html&Locale=english-skin-custom&Path=BGMIR/2010/08/22&ID=Ar00100

If you are duped with fake stamp paper then IT might not have been entered in vendors register and may not have signature of buyer….

If such document is brought to Notary then he/she might have felt that IT is fake.

Your lawyer should handle the deeper issues ..

Sourabh   09 April 2018

I just want to check is it on the genuine date or for back date I want to check the entry from register The case is of Uttar Pradesh

Sourabh   09 April 2018

I just want to check is it on the genuine date or for back date I want to check the entry from register The case is of Uttar Pradesh

The vendor cannot give any certificate to you.

Try and check the date from vendor or authority..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register