LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hungryheart (Student)     22 September 2015

Spelling problem? please help.

1. My mother's name has different spellings in various identity documents. Not a huge change but small changes like "i instead of "e" and stuff like that.

2. In her 10th standard exam, she has one spelling. In her Passport, she has another spelling. In her PAN card, she has another spelling.

3. She has a few properties under her name given to her by her father. All the properties are written as Mrs.ABC W/O(Wife of) Mrs.XYZ. 

4. Will any problem arise if I want to get the properties in my name because of this spelling problem?

5. Is there any way I can rectify this problem?

6. Someone told me that since all properties are under name with the addition of W/O, it will not pose a problem. Another person suggested that I go to a Govt. Gazette and get a signed letter from the Govt. saying all 3 spellings of the same name are one person. 

7. Please suggest a way I can solve this problem.

Learning

2 Replies

rajarajeswari (advocate)     23 September 2015

If the names is all property documents are same, then no problem. For Transfer of proeprty, it is enough if she makes a sworn affidavit in NJA Paper and signed by a Notory Public. 

But if in her identity cards, if spelling is different, you can make an application in Gazette that all the three spelling are related to one and the only person and henceforth she will be called as ABC.

Regards,

Rajarajeswari, Advocate

Madras HIgh Court

rajarajeshwarip@yahoo.com

hungryheart (Student)     23 September 2015

The spelling in all property documents is same Mrs.ABC W/o XYZ. Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register