LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram (kp)     02 November 2010

specific performance

I have purchased flat in 2007, regd sale deed in my favour, also home loan (ICICI) transfered on my name from seller, after the registeration seller ask me to give some sometime to vacate the flat, initially i denied but when he insisted me make an registeed rent agreemant for one month (paying stamp duty of 11 month) and he will vacate the flat within one month, But after one month waht i came to know that some other person's care taker is in the flat and claims that he has already purchased the flat two year ago, he is having agreement of sale, letter of possession and reciept on Rs. 50 stamp paper.

After this he filed case of specific performanace, all three seller, me and occupant appear in front of judge, where seller assures the court that he will pay the amount with interest within six months, agreement made and signed by judge,

After six month seller claims that he could not able to arrange money, give me some more time, three months given.

But after three month, same story in the meanwhile occupant filed contempt of court, also now seller stating that he has not sold this flat to occupant, all these docoment are fordged and fabricated, he has taken loan of which he is paying interest, he has presented all the detailes of transection (through cheque) and the case is going on.

Now i am the ultimate sufferer, i am paying the home loan EMI regularly, even judge suggested me to file the case for recovery of rent, damages and possession so i done the same.

I wanted to know what will going to happen in the specific performance case and will judge consider this as loan transection or not.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 November 2010

file for  an order for specific performance on your seller and with damages on some party occupationn

ram (kp)     02 November 2010

Thanks Sir,

Now seller insisting that he has not sold the flat to the occupant, he has taken money as a loan, which he has already paid in installment. But the mistake he done on the first date of hearing, he claims that he will return the money in six month but after six month he is not able to pay money to the occupant,m and occupant filed an contempt of court application.

Occupant claimng that i am in possession, and having few document on Rs 50 stamp paper, requesting court to attach the property (which belogs to me now, i am paying EMI regularly).

The case which i have filed for the recovery of rent, damage and possession, occupant claiming that the seller has allowed him to stay in the flat so he is not liable to pay any rent or damage.

I wanted to know will court consider it as a loan amount (not sale conseration) in specific performance case as seller showing all the cheque details to the court..?

Will occupant liable to pay damage and rent..?

Is possession of occupant is illegal ..? 

Saurabh Kumar Gupta (Lawyer)     04 November 2010

Sir, it is better for you to file suit for recovery for the amount of sale consideration with interest thereon @ 12% p.a. plus E.M.I. you have paid and shall claim damages for mental agony and litigation expenses. Because if you will suit for permanent injunction, it may take long time and still the occupier is the interested party, so I don't see any point that the property be vacated early .

Also you must file a police complaint U/s 420IPC fir fraud, against the seller to pressurise him to compromise the matter at the earliest and return the amount as well.

Govardhanan (Advocate)     04 November 2010

what the judge suggested you seems to be correct. now the value of the flat would have gone many folds than the price for which u have bought it. so, be keen in getting the possession rather than to get back the money.

ram (kp)     10 November 2010

The case which i have filed for possession, damage and rent recovery, occupant put an application under section 10 for the stay of proceeding, claiming, same parties, same property are also envolved in the specific performance case but that application has been dismissed by judge without any cost, stating two matter entirely different. Now i have recieved documents from occupant stating that he has approached to high court for the stay of proceeding till the specific performance case is over. I can see on the high court website, date has been assigned for the proceeding.

What will happen in the high court will it stay the order or dismiss the application, i want your opinion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register