New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAVINKUMAR B. PATEL (Business)     20 February 2009



In Maharashtra, the back-ward class co-op. housing societies (old scheme known as pwr-219)is controlled by the directorate social welfare department, Pune, Maharashtra as far as the transfer of the memberships. The application is to be submitted to the district social welfare department, chembur mumbai. They after scrutinizing the application,if found all papers appropriate, put the remark on the application and ask the candidates to approach the Divisional Social welfare department, konkanbhawan, navi mumbai. After varification by divisional office, the applicants with remark, asked to submit the application to the Director, Social welfare dept., Pune. This proceedure consumes years to gether. Now, point is that the societies are registered by the registrar of co.op. housing societies and the deputy registrar has to run the societies by appointing administrators in these societies as the memberships are not allotted to the legle heirs of the died members or to the buyers of the flats from the economically disturbed original members.Here a technical problem arises that the deputy registrars have to operate the societies with allmost no authorised members. In such cases the bad eliments capture the societies and dominate the poor innocent people and deprive them of their rights at the time of redevelopment of the society. Can any one show me the way to overcome this situation.


 3 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     20 February 2009


File either a Public Interest Litigation ( PIL )  OR  a Writ Petition on behalf of the aggreived poor perspn,  before the State High Court against the  Co - Operative Housing Society,  Deputy Registrar and Social Welfare Department, then  you can get favourable  directions from Hon'ble High Court.

Further,  one personal request, sorry to say:

Can you change the pic of your avatar


PRAVINKUMAR B. PATEL (Business)     21 February 2009

Dear Aejaz Ahmed,

Thanks for you reply, guidence and suggestion.

We have already asked the co-operative court in Mumbai to impose a stay on the contract for redevelopment signed by the administator appointed by the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative housing societies of the concerned ward and the redeveloper, administrator and the Deputy Registrar of co-op. hsng societies are made parties.

Your suggestion for change avtar is being considered.

Thanks once again.

With warm regards.

sachin (membar)     04 September 2012

dear sir, I am the membar of society under pwr scheme,at mumbai andheri west k ward,our building has gone into redevolopment in year 2006, and now the building is almost ready and builder is ready to give possession to the members, but meanwhile the society managing comitee and builder came together and made the issue as follows The managing comitee has given the resignations to dy registrar ,and now the dy registrar is saying that he has to appoint the administrator and take the possession of socity and do the needful, at the same time builder is saying that my flats are ready and you can take possession provided the recognised commity comes forward to me.He has also stated that the oc procedure formalities are completed from my part and i have obtained the compition certificate thus as per the agreement Now onwards I will not pay the you the rent.and I will handover the possession to the managing comtee aproved by the the point is the original society consists of 20 members and now only seven legel membars are existing,others issues are pending...some of them are living as legal hairs,but the transfer procedure is not carried out. in such case what we can do to form the managing comitee and take the possession of flats...or ...force builder to pay the rent till oc is granted..we now cant do anythign as there is no comitee exsting... please give us yopur valuable guidance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register