LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jack (nothing)     09 December 2014

Son property rights to parents

Hi Experts,10 years back my father sold his land at villiage about 18 acers and we moved to a city where we bought a house in 2010 on my name(elder son) because i am a software Eng and getting loan is easy.infact i also spent 15% of amount to buy the the house. we are 2 males(sons) and 3 fameles(daughters) to my paresnts.Married brother ,parents and my family are staying to gether. i got married recently(6months) now my wife started harrasing my paresnts and brother family to go out from the house becasue house is in my name. now disputes are reached to police station and she filed a false 498a,investigation is going on and it may go to diverse 1)how can i make justice to my parents and brother family. 2)As we know new law is coming on inherited property share for wife,what is safe point? 3)Infact we dont want to see the house.so best step to do justice my parents?

Learning

4 Replies

jack (nothing)     10 December 2014

Experts, plz help me

jack (nothing)     13 December 2014

No one experts in this area?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2014

The property lying in your name will be your own property, you may tell any reason that it does not belongs to you, but legally you are the owner.  However, your wife cannot dictate terms to order your parents or brother and his family to vacate because she has no right in it.  The law what you refer that will come into existence in future is not there at present hence do not worry about which is not there.  You wanted opinions from experts here but you have not asked for a specific relief you are looking for.  Your question concentrates on only justice to your parents.  You have to decide about what type of justice you want to give to your parents, since it is your house you do not have to allow your wife to dominate you to drive away your parents from your house, that way you be firm on your decision. If she is quarrelsome and seeking residential rights in the house, better execute a gift deed to your parents and you go and settle outside in a rented house and inform her to join you in your place of residence.  You have engaged a lawyer, take further advise from him on the subject.

jack (nothing)     15 December 2014

Thanks for your detailed explanation . I feel happy over our teliphonic conversation . Thanks once agin sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register