LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Mehta   03 October 2017

Son & wife both are ca but don't want to help

Dear Experts, My friend who's brothers and sister-in-law are Chartered Accountants. Needs help because his father who was working in a central govt but due to some reason terminated from his duty and case is pending in high court & salary is stopped. His father, mother, a younger sister and he also living in govt quarter last serval years. And the brother who is CA living separately with her wife and daughter. One day my friend told to his CA brother he have to contribute some amount to the parents for household expenses i.e. 4000 to 5000 but he refused to contribute and says that i'll contribute the amount after he'll leave the parents and after that they came to they home and his wife told that they will file a FIR of Dowry if they again want a contribution from them. Please suggest what he will do to teach a lesson to them because he don't contribution from them but it is the moral responsibility of them to parents as well as the family

 8 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 October 2017

 thye can file case under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 for their maintenance. They can approach Dist Legal Services Authority.

Amit Mehta   03 October 2017

But the age of parents father is 58 year and mother 55. Can they still file the case?

Amit Mehta   03 October 2017

Can they also take help from the Human Rights Commission?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 October 2017

yes they can even if they are not senior citizens. When the Act is in your favour why approaching Human Rights Commission?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2017

The parents can claim maintenance under provisions of

Maintenance and Welfare of Senior Citizens (MWPSC) Act, 2007


It provided speedy and cost effective relief.

Your cost may be Rs.100/

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2017

Go thru the Act and Rules framed under the Act by your state.

Approach the Authority s narrated in rules.

They can seek Free legal Aid on any matter including threats…………..from DSLA……….

Check at e-courts website of your location.

They can record all threats and lodge police complaint, under proper acknowledgment.


They can also dispose their property by WILL and any other mode and leave NO share for said son.

Amit Mehta   03 October 2017


Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2017

You are welcome....................


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query