LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Haresh (Trainee)     28 November 2010

Society Plot to be sold or not in case of redevelopment

The society had purchased a plot in mid 50's and then construted a residential struture on it this means that the the society is the owner of the plot and the flats in it. And in present senario, society is considering for re-development.

In normal scenario where the members are only the owner of the flat and not the plot, the Builder/Re Developer offer some extra area and corpus fund to the member of the society.

But in this case as the society is also the owner of the plot , i believe that the builder should first buy the land from thhe society and than comensate the flat owner the extra area and corpus fund.If the land is not sold than the no. of owner of the plot will increase as new flat will be created buy the re developer and they will also become the member of the society there by reducing the percentage share of the society old member on the plot. Please guide me on how to proceed.

Learning

1 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     30 November 2010

First, Society members are arrange a  meeting with Builder and thenafter decided how to make a agreement between Members and Builder and all terms and conditions are write in this agreement. I think Society give a contract to the Builder for  reconstruction work of the flat. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register