LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     23 July 2009

Show cause to Star Plus

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Wednesday issued a show cause notice to Star Plus after members in the Rajya Sabha complained about the programme, ‘Sach ka Saamna.’ The channel has been asked to respond by July 27.

Members took offence to the manner in which objectionable content was being aired in the guise of reality television.

The Ministry swung into action by invoking provisions of the Programme Code as per which it can step in if a programme offends good taste and decency or includes content that is not suitable for unrestricted public exhibition.

Learning

8 Replies

vinod bansal (lawyer)     23 July 2009

Its a good news,such type of programme should be avoided at any cost.I want to file a civil suit to restrain the channel to telecast this programme,kindly advice me.Thanx 4 gud news

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     23 July 2009

I dont know what is objectionable in the programme. It appears that the land of Gandhi is afraid of truth.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     24 July 2009

I agree with mr. rajesh Kumar.......even i dont find anything objectionable in the programme......it shows crystal clear what really happens in our so called conservative society........all those criticising the programme are afraid of the real truth........lets see how will this issue shape up and whether our society be able to do "SACH KA SAAMNA"

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     24 July 2009

I have learnt that a petition has been filed in the High Court Delhi today against the Show. I think that the petition should be opposed.

Well, why not call some politician or bureaucrats on the show. May be some reality of our statecraft will also come out.

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     24 July 2009

Wat an idea, Sir jee.... (Rajesh ji)

I agree with u...

I support u...

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     24 July 2009

let such programmes be meant for politicians only.

i would rather say let such chairs be installed in parliament..........

vinod bansal (lawyer)     24 July 2009

Mr. Kiran is absolutely right,it must be done

ritu bhadana (advocate)     25 July 2009

I also agree with Mr. rajesh and kiran.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register