LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sansh (not working)     06 October 2014

Should we vacate?

My Ma lives in my Naani's house along with my Badi Ma and Chote Maama(Both my Badi-Ma and Chote Maama are not married). My mom pays the house tax in my Badi-Ma's name.(signed by my Badi-Ma).

The property belonged to my Naana(self-acquired) and then it had come to my Naani  as her husband's property. she had 10 kids- 6 girls, 4 boys. 8 of them were majors(including my ma) had signed their inheritance in Naani's name but 2 minor sons had not signed. 

her eldest son had taken a loan for which the property had been kept as collateral(signed by Naani). he had not paid back the loan to the bank and as such in 1998  the house came for attachment from court. Everyone refused to pay. At that time my dad had given rs.2L + in cash for which my Naani had given in writing that so much of money he has given.(signed by my Naani on a stamp paper but not registered). 

Several months later my Naani died in 1998.

Now my uncle (elder minor) says that my Naani was only a guardian of the property as such we need to vacate as the property belongs to him. 

What should we do? we have nowhere else to go.

Learning

2 Replies

Pratap K Pushpakaran (Advocate)     06 October 2014

move an injunction suit before civil court.

1 Like

sansh (not working)     06 October 2014

Thakyou Sir for your reply.

Is there any right that we get on the basis of my Naani given in writing that we had given the money for the loan to be disposed off, of the property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register