Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Should prostitution be legalised?

Page no : 2

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     08 March 2010

I answered that point dear.

With contraceptive technology available- s*x and child bearing are two different issues. In fact now they are not related to each other. Sex is not going to result in child bearing if contraceptive is used- and s*x is not required for child bearing (test tube baby). Thus, free exchange in s*x will not result in child bearing.

In fact legalising s*x trade will reduce/eliminate child bearing in trade of s*x, due to better training of workers, better working conditions, better social welfare measure, may be insurance against child bearing in case of contraceptive failure.

Thus your concerns are better served in legalised prostitution scenario.

Adv. karinamishra (-)     08 March 2010

ajitabh sir is right.

1 Like

In fact legalisation of prosecution will reduce many s*xual offences against women.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     08 March 2010

Why should it be legalized in India.. Forget about canada

My dear friend, we need reasons to prohibit something, not to legalise something. If you think it should be prohibited, give your reasons.

san (social service)     09 March 2010

It should be legalized. With the insititute of marriage breaking down, due to ill-conceived  laws like 498-A, DV, etc. Straight forward, and honest males are more likely to stay single.

Legalizing prostitution, will also put an end to the cry of rape, when things go wrong. Atleast it will be a known fact, that the s*x was paid for.

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     03 June 2012

I differ with you. The legalisation would lead to better life for those call girls/porstitutes who are forced to work through agents (pimps). More over like food s*x is also a neccesity in humans and if they can afford to buy, why they should not be allowed to do so. I know of several hundreds of girls who had to sell their bodies for the sake of their family or for there own higher studies, in Europe where this profession is legal in most of the countries. Here in India, if we can not give employment to women let them earn their livlihood through legalised prostituion. Th act of legalisation could help in reduction of s*x related crimes, such as molestation, rape etc. The best part would be that the postitutes/call girls willget freedom from the clutches of our  coorupt law enforcing body i.e. Police. I know of several cases, where the call girls were let off by the Police after raids, when they had satisfied the greedy police offers in cash or by offering their body. The our country wake up before its too late.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     03 June 2012

A married woman X's husband Y indulges in s*x with prostitute Z.  X can allege the Adultery and proceed against husband in civil court for divorce but not in criminal court.  Z cannot be proceeded at all for any reason whatsoever by anyone.  That itself is an implicit legal sanction for prostitution in India. If there is punishment for an unmarried woman to indulge in adultery with a married man, will people not file cases against such woman, even if she is a prostitute?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register