LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balakrishna (HR professional)     24 November 2009

Shops and establishment in TN

Dear Sirs, Please note that we have not started factory construction but do we need to register for shops and establishment as the factory act is not applicable for us. Do we have to register for shops as we have only office where we sit and operate. Kindly clarify.

Learning

9 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     24 November 2009

The registration under Tamilnadu Shops and Establishment Act is not mandatory. It is only required to maintain certain obligations mentioned in the Act like maintainance of registers, display of notices etc.  

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     26 November 2009

If your firm gets registration under Shops and Establishment Act, it shall be beneficial for you.

Vikas Kr. Sinha (Labour Lawyer Ranchi Jharkhand)     28 November 2009

If your establishment falls under the definition of 'Factory' then it is not covered under the Shops & Establishments Act. Hence registration under the Act is not required.

If it is an 'Establishment' and situated within the command area of Municipal Corporation then you are required to get it registered. It is immaterial that whether your production started at your production site. The Office/Establishment, which is running is required to be registered.

smitha (Consultant)     21 January 2010

hi,

Can someone tell me about the leave entitlement for as per shops & establishment Act

Vadivel (Partner)     14 October 2013

Sir,

Is there any official notice or law or GO available to refer for the confirmation that registration in tamilnadu shops and establishment act is not mandatory....

If so, it will be most beneficial to everyone to take a record of it for compliance with statutory requirements.

Thanks.

Vadivel

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 October 2013

Prior to enactment of THE  TAMILNADU  SHOPS  AND  EST ABLISH ME N T S  A C T in the province there was no enactment to control conditions of work in shops, commercial undertakings……………………..The weekly holidays Act 1942 is limited in nits scope…………….

THE  TAMILNADU  SHOPS  AND  EST ABLISH ME N T S  A C T ,  19 47

(ACT XXXVI OF 1947)

An act to provide for the regulation of conditions of work in shops, commercial establishments…………………………and other establishments and for certain other purposes. Whereas it is expedient to provide for the regulation of conditions of work in shops, commercial establishments and for certain other purposes, it is hereby enacted as follows:

You may go thru:

2.  Definitions ( and notifications by Govt. of Tamilnadu on coverage of shops and establishments)

4.  Exemptions

And other sections……………..

Registration of the shops and establishments falling within the ambit and coverage of this enactment should be mandatory.

Vadivel (Partner)     15 October 2013

I went through this Act (Tamilnadu) and it doesn't state anything about the registration process or its requirement. I need any backup or confirmation data which can support as a statutory document to confirm for requirement of registration of shops and establishments under this Act.

Please advise if there any other way for ensuring this requirement.

chandru   24 September 2015

i need to know what is the fee for registeration shop and establishment act

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 September 2015

The Inspector appointed under the Act /Inspectorate/o/o Labor commissioner ..................its website can provide all details.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Shop-and-establishment-561991.asp#.VgPfhH1-jMo

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register