LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramya (hkgbkb)     16 January 2010

share in grandfathers property

Hi can u help me with my query.my grandfather has 4 sons and 2 daughters.iam his grand daughter (thro his daughter).my grand father died last year without writing will r settlement.my grandmther is living with 1 of her son.what kind f claim do i have in his property.....my mother does n't want any share ....and my uncles r relectent to share the property deeds with me and my aunt...thanks

Learning

2 Replies

K P S SURESH (student)     16 January 2010

It is a property under inheritence. Ur mother needs ur consent to forgo the rights. If ur grand father died b4 u were born or u were actually conceived, the case cud hav been different. U can approach a civil court of appropriate jurisdiction. This is my opinion. U shall verify it to ur satisfaction

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     16 January 2010

First we have to know whether the property is ancestral or self acquired one. If the property is ancestral, then your mother has equal share in the property along with her siblings and her mother. So, your mother and your aunt both are entitled for 1/7th share each, in the property. You inherit the property from her. If your mother does not want to take her share, she has to give relinquishment of rights deed. Then the property will be divided equally among remaining siblings of your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register