LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N Sankar   26 August 2017

Settlement deed

My mother had property.  She is no more now.   Can I do the settlement deed to my maternal uncle.( Mother's  Brother).   If yes, Can any one tell us the procedure.l

Learning

7 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     26 August 2017

Why settlement with maternal uncle when he does not have any right of inheritance till other legal heirs are alive like you. So enjoy.

Thanks Sidharth. But my maternal uncle supported us during our family emergency requirements(Hospital exp.). I didnt repay back. Instead can i do the land settlement.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 August 2017

You have to get legal heirship certificate and then you can transfer the appropriate share to your maternal uncle. 

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2017

if the property in question is self acquired and if your mother died without leaving a will ,then her sons, daughters and husband are equal shareholders in the property. If you are the only legal heir, then you can execute gift deed to transfer the property to your maternal uncle.Gift deed should be stamped and registered as per the state law. Krishna advocate 9447963440

Thanks Mr.Shris / Mr.Krishna Can I know the stamp duty and regn fee for agriculture land gift/ settlement in Tamil Nadu.

Thanks Mr.Shris / Mr.Krishna Can I know the stamp duty and regn fee for agriculture land gift/ settlement in Tamil Nadu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register