New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Usha Shetty   14 July 2019

Service benefits

I want to claim the benefits of my spouse. He has recently expired. He worked in a public sector bank for 26 years. A departmental enquiry was conducted and he was found guilty and dismissed from the services of the bank. All his past dues are still not given. There was no financial loss to the bank on his part. How do I claim the benefits. Please advise.


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 July 2019

A pension is a benefit that a retired employee or veteran receives regularly. When a pension recipient dies, his spouse may be entitled to receive her husband's benefits. Depending on the type of pension, the surviving spouse will need to meet certain requirements to claim the money.You have to submit a claim  application to the concern department  with death certificate of your husband.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 July 2019

Ji, to me, when a employee of a Bank/PSU dismissed from service he shall forego pension and gratuity.  But if the case is deserving for consideration, then the authority who dismissed the employee may sanction not exceeding 2/3rd pension eligible to him.   It depends purely deserving cases. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2019

You have confuse facts. Did he died after dismissal?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2019

You have confuse facts. Did he died after dismissal?

Usha Shetty   17 July 2019

No.  He died recently.  He was dismissed in the year 1999 I believe.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2019

so before he died he was already dismissed and not entitled for pension.  You cannot get pension.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register