LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   08 January 2020

Seniority protection

With due respect and folded palms, I humbly state that, I have regular and continuous service of approximately 12 years in Department of Posts as Postal Assistant in level -4 (2400 gp) since 11-02-2007, the date of my joining. After appearing for the direct recruitment for the post of Assistant in Department of Space, ISRO, I got selected. I have obtained NOC from Department of Posts and applied through proper permissions and channel. I joined ISRO on 20.06.2019, my technical resignation is accepted in ISRO, and I was given pay protection as per DOPT OM 28020/1/2010-est(c) on technical resignation dated 17.08.2016. Point 2.4 of the same OM reads, the service rendered in past department is taken into account for reckoning of the minimum period for Grant of annual increment in the new department under the provisions of FR 26 read with rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016. That is, the candidate’s period spent in past department is counted for reckoning of minimum qualifying service for annual increment in the new department. The point 2.6 of the same OM reads, the Seniority of the official is protected on technical resignation. So the candidate’s period spent in past department should get counted for minimum qualifying service for promotion to higher posts in the new department. My age is now 32 years. I have joined in government service at the age of 18. So if the Government’s new decision of retiring the employees at the service of 33 years or at the age of 60 years , whichever is earlier , is implemented, I have to retire at the age of 18+33 = 51 years of my age , which is obviously a huge loss for my post-retirement life and thus I will be one amongst the persons that get most badly affected unlike the other assistants of my batch who joined isro with me, who are mostly of the age of around 30 years and who can work till their 60 years of age. So giving me permission for the departmental exams ,through seniority protection as per the point 2.6 of the same DOPT OM , would be like some sort of compensation for the above mentioned loss at the end of my service. In ISRO, when an official completes 10 years of service in 2400 gp, he is eligible for appearing to the departmental examination for the post of Administrative Officer of level 10. As I already have approximately 13 years of service in 2400 gp, kindly clarify if I am eligible to appear for the departmental exam for Administrative Officer in ISRO.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2020

everything else that seniority is protected in technical resignation.

there is no seniority protection in new post.   However, one has option to revert back before being confirmed to new posts by exercising his lien.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register