Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh (Partner)     22 February 2015

Self drive car rental

Hello sirs.

I want to start a self drive car rental(i.e., without chauffer) business in Kolkata with 2 cars. But transport department is saying that the business model falls under Rent a cab scheme, 1989 which clearly says that to start a business like this you should have at  least 50 cars. But my question is when a startup like Zoomcar in bangalore can start with 7 cars why can't I? The scheme is set by central government which should be followed by such company also.

It would be highly favour to me if the above question is solved.

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2015

You have to go by the local prevailing law on such issues, you have no right to question the authorities as per your whims and fancies.  This is a matter involving public so the policies framed by the government will be in the interest of public and not on the individual business man's interest, so start understanding the local issues too while prioritizing your personal benefits.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     10 May 2016

Centre law prevail through the territory of India. while state law prevail over state boundry. How ever in general inteest ofpublic both law can be consider without any boundy limit. You should follow local law and consult local RTO for the same.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register