IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAVINKUMAR B. PATEL (Business)     19 February 2009

self contradiction of order by Director

In Mumbai, a friend of mine being an OBC community bought a flat in the year 1994 in a registered society which was under scheme of PWR-219 (PREWAR REHABITILATION SCHEME-219 ) which is from 30TH JUNE 1986 converted into back ward class society meant for schedule class, schedule tribe and other back ward class community. The purchase documents are registered and the stamp duty is also paid. The power of transfer of membership in the society from one member to another is only with the Director, Social Welfare Dept., Maharashtra State. Pune after the scrutinization of application by the special District Social Welfare Dep.,and the Divisional Social Welfare dept.,
My friend spent more than eleven years to go through the formalities and conducted enquiries by the individual concorned dept.,
At last, in the month of October 2008,the director, Social Welfare Dept., Maharashtra State, Pune issued a membership certificate saying that membership in favour of my friend is transferred from the name of the old resigned member.
After few days,the director,who allotted the membership certificate,sent him a letter saying that he has imposed an abeyance order on the transfer.
I want to know that can Govt. officer of Director level after issuance of order put abeyance on the same order issued by him only?!


 4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     01 March 2009

Can you give more details about the reasons given in the abeyance order?

PRAVINKUMAR B. PATEL (Business)     02 March 2009

Dear Mr. V.Prakash,

In abeyance order the Director mentioned that secretary raised an objection saying that my friend submitted false documents. An inquiry officer was appointed and on the 05th Of December 2008, the inquiry was held.The result of inquiry is also not disclosed till 2nd of March 2009. Since the friend is senior citizen and stationed at Mumbai and Director's office is at Pune in maharashtra State,can't go personally and by correspondence he is not getting any reply to his letter.

Kindly guide

PRAVINKUMAR B. PATEL (Business)     02 April 2009

Dear Mr.V.Prakash,

Is it adviceable to file a suit against Director for believing in false alligations on my friend for submitting fake documents?

The inspection of the verification of documents was also held on 5th December 2008 by an officer appointed by the Director. The report is not submitted as yet. neither any intimation is given on this issue. The reminders are also not replied.

With warm regard.

Parshuram   05 April 2020

My Story is also same. My father was original member as he had paid loan amount of Samaj Kalyan for construction of House to Society way back in 1988. But the Society Committee members showed my father's Uncle name as original in Share Certificate. Also now Samaj Kalyan Dept issued transfer order in 2019 but showed father's Uncle name as original member. Samaj Kalyan Dept knows who are original member as per the member list given earlier by Society. But under RTI 2 nd appeal application made by me they are not providing information, which information Commissioner already issued letter to give information. What to do

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query