LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Anand   21 November 2023

Seeking guidance opposite party's section 151 request for documents

I recently filed a petition with the consumer court regarding the damage sustained by my car. In response, one of the opposing parties has invoked Section 151, requesting the submission of various documents from the complainant, including the job card and email correspondence.

The opposing party has asserted before the court that they have attempted to contact me multiple times, alleging unresponsiveness on my part. I wish to clarify that the documents submitted as evidence in court, such as the job card issued by the opposing party and relevant email correspondences, have already been shared between both parties.

I am seeking your advice on the appropriate course of action in light of the opposing party's Section 151 request and their claims of attempted communication. How should I address these matters effectively?

Your expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through the legal proceedings. Thank you for your time and assistance.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 November 2023

If the opposite party is filing a petition to receive additional documents, you are required to either admit them or file your objections for the reasons you rely upon.

Since these documents are not filed by you before court, the court may permit him to file them to support his defence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register