I wish to give you proper advice. But your postings are confusing. So please try to answer these following questions to get proper answer.
1. Whether your husband has just filed divorce petition or the case in divorce petition has been completed and he got a divorce decree?
2. If he has filed the divorce petition and if it has not been decided yet, under which section (or under which ground, i.e., cruelty, desertion) he filed the divorce petition? Now at what stage, the petition is lying there?
3. You said you gave a statement - "As i had tried twice for compromise but my husband is not ready to take me back,, so please grant him for divoce...but whatever case is going on between us will continue and will be go on "
where did you give this statement? In the court or in conciliation proceedings in divorce case or in conciliation proceedings at the time of filing criminal complaint?
4. If the divorce decree was already passed on what date the decree was passed?
5. WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW? IN ADDITION TO THE AMOUNT YOU REFERRED TO, DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THE MATRIMONIAL RELATIONSHIP IN TACT OR WANT A PEACEFUL DIVORCE DECREE WITHOUT CONTESTING IT.
NOW BRIEF INFORMATION:
In the divorce case, a woman is entitled to interim maintenance during the pendency of the litigation and also litigation expenses. As you do not want both of them, as you are in Govt. service, it is O.K. But at the time of passing the divorce decree, the court can grant "permanent alimony" to the wife if she is in need of money to maintain the same life style as she was maintaining in matrimonial home. This amount will be lumpsum amount or monthly payment depending upon the financial status, earnings and properties of the husband. Even though it is not expressly mentioined, this amount is also to compensate the wife for the disability she faces as widow. In addition to this, the wife can reclaim her stridhan. Now, you explain us exactly what you mean by saing that you did not get the amount what you wanted.
Section 498-A is a criminal case. In this case accused (your husband) will be tried for the mental and/or physical harassment caused to you during matrimonial life. The maximum punishment for this is 3 years. In this case, you will not get any amount. But some advocates suggest that as Section 498-A is a criminal case, there will be pressure on the husband and for withdrawing the case by the wife, he may pay the some amount. But actually, the pressure will be there only for a week from the date of lodging of FIR. Once he gets bail, then there will be no pressure. Further, your advocate's role is also very limited to conduct the trial of section 498-A. This case will be conducted by the Assistant Public Prosecutor. So, if the husband has not offered any amount at the initial stage of the case, there is remote chances as he will pay it later and the likelyhood of conviction of husband in section 498-A is remote.
wish you best of luck.