Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohamed Shahul   27 July 2017

Second marriage under muslim marriage act in india

Sir, 

I'm a Muslim and have married a Muslim woman in the year 1998 with wife and 3 female childs. All these years our life was surrounded by some joy and many sorrows. We both have different interests, different priorities and different thought processes. Disobedience, image tarnishing and taking decisions on her own are concerns in our life. So for the last 7 months we both are living in separation and children are meeting me by visitation.

Unable to bear all these dicomfiture i finally pronounced the first divorce by giving letter to our Mohalla Jamat wherein we registered our marriage. The divorce was not completed and i may pronounce the second and third divorce in next few months or abandon her with just one divorce taking into account the futrue of our children. 

My question is  that as of now  i intend to marry for the second time another Muslim woman i wished to know whether any implications there on according to Muslim Personal Law and also other laws of our country. Please advice.

Thank You.

Learning

3 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     27 July 2017

Muslim personal laws allow polygamous marriages (only in case of men, of course. A Muslim women cannot have multiple husbands at the same time.) In my opinion, legally, you wouldn't face any legal complications in solemnizing a second marriage even whilst your first marriage is subsisting under Muslim Law.
1 Like

Gazanfar Safdar   27 July 2017

yes you do but you have to fulfil all condition before going to second one

Abdullah   13 October 2017

Dear sir, May I know what type of Conditions? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register