Second marriage registration - widow and mutual divorced

Hi all,

How the following second marriage can be registered now?

second marriage = before 25 years, have 2 son from marriage (first son 23 years, second son 14 years)

Way of marriage = as per society custom, no rituals happened as it was second marriage for a widow. The parties got together in presence of both party (few) members  (panchas or witness) and then the bride was sent with husband without any marriage ceremony. It was a very simple get together like ceremony.

Husband = No written proof of first marriage divorce. It was a mutual dovorce but no proof of divorce as both parties decided to get separated in presence of 3 members (panchas or witness) of both sides as per custom prevailing in society at that time. That divorced wife is already married second time now.

Wife = widow and certificate of village panchayat available



Legally this marriage can't be registered, untill divorce is decreed between the husband and his 1st wife.


Husband and his first wife, mutually divorced each other before 25 years AND both are now married second time and living their second married life for more than 25 years now. Both have adult children now in their respective marriages. IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND ???


Yes to get the divorce decree from court and then register the marriage. State that in court , the divorce happened mutually 25 yrs back and u r here to take decree NOW. It depends on judge whether he issue decree to them or not. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x