LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mujahid Shaikh   29 December 2019

second marriage

One of my friend is suffering from very bad situations in his life. From the beginning of marriage his wife and her parents created lots of problems. Then lots of time meetings done between girl and boy family to resolve but at the end still girl's behavior is not good with in-laws. still my friend and his family though they'll be positive always. After some months something is happened that is the argument she started and my friend make it normal. But when she gone to her parents house she files a case in mahila aayog. Against all in law members. Mahila aayog case my friend family attended first session of mahila aayog meeting. After that he filled domestic violence case, after 5 days maintenance case. Even she included my friend 18 year old sister in dv and his heart patient mother. They only wants to torture my friends family. But still my friends family always agree to keep her not to divorce her because they don't want to make things bad. In mahila aayog after lots of time they agree to send girl to in-laws house because of mahila aayog pressure. Things going good for some days. Again this girl started fighting and arguments with everyone of house, didn't respect husband, mother and father in law. Again she given threat about case to in laws and demand separate house with husband for living. She said to my friend i don't want your mother and your family.. I don't want to live with them. After this and lots of things before happened my friend and his family mentally tortured because of that girl and her parents. Then my friend decided to not keep her. She don't want to come here till he not renting separate house from parents. So he decided to go for second marriage. Is it OK to do second marriage as per Muslim law? He doesn't divorced first wife.
He don't want to live with that girl anymore.
Please give your suggestions.

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 December 2019

Muslim law  allowes to have another wife without divorcing the first wife does not mean that you are authorised to be injust and fail to carry on your social and other responsiblities. It is better your friend fix the problem and instead of thinking for another marriage that would  make hsi life go form bad to worst ;

Let you fix the marraige already done and if his wife want to luive seperately let her live and secon marraige are not options in such situation.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2019

Do not worry about your friend and his matrimonial life, let him sort out if you are not directly affected.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2020

Until he is not a Muslim by religion, he may not be able to contract second marriage without dissolving the first marriage.

He cannot even convert himself to Muslim for the purpose of marrying another person.

Any act contravening the prevailing law may land him in legal troubles, hence better ask him to first take divorce from her and then do whatever he may desire to do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register